Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Weekly Weigh In : Week 5
Starting BMI: 25.9 (computed here)
Starting weight: 196 lbs
Goal weight: 170 lbs
Last week's weight: 191.5 lbs
Current weight: 190 lbs
Last week's BMI: 25.3
Current BMI: 25.1
Goal BMI: 22.4
Pounds Lost this week: 1.5 lbs
Total Pounds Lost: 6 lbs
Pounds until goal: 20 lbs
1. Reiterate my goal(s) and where I stand in reference to this goal.
- I want to focus in on this more and find ways to remind myself and build willpower. I want to be healthy and eat healthy so that I can teach my children good habits as well.
2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.
- I will only eat one sweet/dessert each week
* I eat less sweets but def not one a week; work on this more
- I will learn more about portions and portion control
* I've tried to limit my portions and try not to graze between meals.
- Drink more water; drink water when I want to snack
3. Try to motivate others to join in on trying to become more healthy.
- Joined FitnessPal on new android tablet and trying to get a friend to re-join with me (let me know if you need a friend)
4. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out, a photo update of my weight loss or anything else I feel like sharing.
- I will be getting a hair cut this time next week (if I don't change me mind about going shorter). Pictures to come.
Still finding it a challenge to feel in control of my diet and other health goals while living with the in-laws. Hopefully we will hear more affirmative news on the house this week.