Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Weekly Weigh In: Week 4


Starting BMI:  25.9  (computed here)
Starting weight: 196 lbs
Goal weight:  170 lbs

Last week's weight: 194 lbs
Current weight:  191.5 lbs

Last week's BMI: 25.6
Current BMI:  25.3
Goal BMI:  22.4

Pounds Lost this week:  2.5 lbs
Total Pounds Lost:  4.5 lbs
Pounds until goal: 22 lbs

1.  Reiterate my goal(s) and where I stand in reference to this goal.

- I want to focus in on this more and find ways to remind myself and build willpower.  I want to be healthy and eat healthy so that I can teach my children good habits as well.

2.  Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.

-  I will only eat one sweet/dessert each week
        * I passed on dessert a few times this week; I did eat some fruit instead
-  I will learn more about portions and portion control
        * I've tried to limit my portions.  My weakness for seconds is usually bread (oh how I love bread)...need to work on this. 
-  Drink more water; drink water when I want to snack 
        * I tried to do this but need to hit it harder.  Saw a pinterest pin on labeling water bottles to divide the water among the day.  Maybe try something like this.


3.  Try to motivate others to join in on trying to become more healthy.
-  My sister and I signed up for a Mud Run (5k) in early September.  Looking forward to this.

4.  Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out, a photo update of my weight loss or anything else I feel like sharing.
-   I have a new Nexus tablet in the mail (thanks to hubby).  I have been playing with his since mine was delayed.  I want to use some apps for healthy eating.  On a side note I am finding it challenging to attempt this while the hubs and I are living with his parents (selling our home and hopefully buying a short sale in the next month or so).  I have some control over food but some not so much.  I probably eat more veggies and fruit as they are always around.  But my mother-in-law is a great hostess and frequently offers large meals (at least every Sunday) and indulges in dessert frequently.  My in-laws are avid walkers so this works for them but the hubs and I need to pick up our pace before we get chubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment