Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wednesday Weigh In - Week 2


Starting BMI:  25.9  (computed here)
Starting weight: 196 lbs
Goal weight:  170 lbs (maybe more if I reach this)

Last week's weight: 195 lbs
Current weight:  190 lbs

Last week's BMI: 25.7
Current BMI:  25.1
Goal BMI:  22.4

Pounds Lost this week:  5 lb (I credit this to hormones and 'that' shift)
Total Pounds Lost:  6 lb
Pounds until goal: 20 lbs

1.  Reiterate my goal(s) and where I stand in reference to this goal.

I want to become a healthier me.  I know that weight isn't the all-in-all indicator of health but it is a focus I want to work on.

-  Participate in a 5k this fall (ohhh...Turkey Trot?) and run an entire 5k by the end of Summer 2013
-  Exercise 2 to 3 times each week
-  Eat healthier and practice portion control and self control
-  Eat more natural food and less refined sugar (one dessert or sweet each week)
-  Drink more water; drink water when I want to snack


2.  Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.

-  I will only eat one sweet/dessert each week
        * This is my weakness especially with the 4th...focus more on this
-  I will learn more about portions and portion control
        * Eating out on the 4th screwed this one over
-  I will eat more fruits and vegetables and practice healthy meal planning
        * I eat more F&V but prob not enough.
-  I will exercise and try to find family, friends and others to join
        * Went swimming, walked 1 mile+ to the fireworks, etc.  Goal: Alternate swimming and walking at night.
-  Drink more water; drink water when I want to snack (new this week)
        *  Did pretty good with this.

3.  Try to motivate others to join in on trying to become more healthy.

-  I am inviting my husband to join me.  My family will benefit from healthier grocery shopping and options.
       * Jeff says he will join the cause of trying to eat better and exercise; we've been walking together but need to do more.
-  I will try to invite family, friends and others to also practice healthier habits
       * So far it is the hubs and me.


4.  Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out, a photo update of my weight loss or anything else I feel like sharing.
       *  I have always heard that when going out to eat either split a meal with someone or ask for a to-go box right away and remove half of your meal.  I really need to do this next time I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment