Thursday, July 5, 2012
Wednesday Weigh In - Week 2
Starting BMI: 25.9 (computed here)
Starting weight: 196 lbs
Goal weight: 170 lbs (maybe more if I reach this)
Last week's weight: 195 lbs
Current weight: 190 lbs
Last week's BMI: 25.7
Current BMI: 25.1
Goal BMI: 22.4
Pounds Lost this week: 5 lb (I credit this to hormones and 'that' shift)
Total Pounds Lost: 6 lb
Pounds until goal: 20 lbs
1. Reiterate my goal(s) and where I stand in reference to this goal.
I want to become a healthier me. I know that weight isn't the all-in-all indicator of health but it is a focus I want to work on.
- Participate in a 5k this fall (ohhh...Turkey Trot?) and run an entire 5k by the end of Summer 2013
- Exercise 2 to 3 times each week
- Eat healthier and practice portion control and self control
- Eat more natural food and less refined sugar (one dessert or sweet each week)
- Drink more water; drink water when I want to snack
2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.
- I will only eat one sweet/dessert each week
* This is my weakness especially with the 4th...focus more on this
- I will learn more about portions and portion control
* Eating out on the 4th screwed this one over
- I will eat more fruits and vegetables and practice healthy meal planning
* I eat more F&V but prob not enough.
- I will exercise and try to find family, friends and others to join
* Went swimming, walked 1 mile+ to the fireworks, etc. Goal: Alternate swimming and walking at night.
- Drink more water; drink water when I want to snack (new this week)
* Did pretty good with this.
3. Try to motivate others to join in on trying to become more healthy.
- I am inviting my husband to join me. My family will benefit from healthier grocery shopping and options.
* Jeff says he will join the cause of trying to eat better and exercise; we've been walking together but need to do more.
- I will try to invite family, friends and others to also practice healthier habits
* So far it is the hubs and me.
4. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out, a photo update of my weight loss or anything else I feel like sharing.
* I have always heard that when going out to eat either split a meal with someone or ask for a to-go box right away and remove half of your meal. I really need to do this next time I'm out.