Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday Weigh In - Week 1


Starting BMI:  25.9  (computed here)
Starting weight: 196 lbs
Goal weight:  170 lbs (maybe more if I reach this)

Last week's weight: 196 lbs
Current weight:  195 lbs

Last week's BMI: 25.9
Current BMI:  25.7
Goal BMI:  22.4

Pounds Lost this week:  1 lb
Total Pounds Lost:  1 lb
Pounds until goal: 25 lbs

1.  Reiterate my goal(s) and where I stand in reference to this goal.

I want to become a healthier me.  I know that weight isn't the all-in-all indicator of health but it is a focus I want to work on.

-  Run a 5k by the end of Summer 2013
-  Exercise 2 to 3 times each week
-  Eat healthier and practice portion control and self control
-  Eat more natural food and less refined sugar (one dessert or sweet each week)


2.  Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.

-  I will only eat one sweet/dessert each week
        * I've eaten two this week but been more aware and gaining self-control with this.
-  I will learn more about portions and portion control
        * I have not had seconds and have tried to limit portion (still need to learn more on this); eating my     
           toddlers "leftover" food may need to be added in as a goal not to do.
-  I will eat more fruits and vegetables and practice healthy meal planning
        * I looked for healthy meals to create with grocery shopping but haven't shopped yet.
-  I will exercise and try to find family, friends and others to join
        * I have not started an exercise routine but am considering trying yoga and other stuff from Netflix.


3.  Try to motivate others to join in on trying to become more healthy.

-  I am inviting my husband to join me.  My family will benefit from healthier grocery shopping and options.
       * Jeff says he will join the cause of trying to eat better and exercise but not sure he'll log it.
-  I will try to invite family, friends and others to also practice healthier habits
       * No progress yet


4.  Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out, a photo update of my weight loss or anything else I feel like sharing.
       *recipe to come (I took some out of women's health magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment