Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Wednesday Weigh In - Week 1
Starting BMI: 25.9 (computed here)
Starting weight: 196 lbs
Goal weight: 170 lbs (maybe more if I reach this)
Last week's weight: 196 lbs
Current weight: 195 lbs
Last week's BMI: 25.9
Current BMI: 25.7
Goal BMI: 22.4
Pounds Lost this week: 1 lb
Total Pounds Lost: 1 lb
Pounds until goal: 25 lbs
1. Reiterate my goal(s) and where I stand in reference to this goal.
I want to become a healthier me. I know that weight isn't the all-in-all indicator of health but it is a focus I want to work on.
- Run a 5k by the end of Summer 2013
- Exercise 2 to 3 times each week
- Eat healthier and practice portion control and self control
- Eat more natural food and less refined sugar (one dessert or sweet each week)
2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.
- I will only eat one sweet/dessert each week
* I've eaten two this week but been more aware and gaining self-control with this.
- I will learn more about portions and portion control
* I have not had seconds and have tried to limit portion (still need to learn more on this); eating my
toddlers "leftover" food may need to be added in as a goal not to do.
- I will eat more fruits and vegetables and practice healthy meal planning
* I looked for healthy meals to create with grocery shopping but haven't shopped yet.
- I will exercise and try to find family, friends and others to join
* I have not started an exercise routine but am considering trying yoga and other stuff from Netflix.
3. Try to motivate others to join in on trying to become more healthy.
- I am inviting my husband to join me. My family will benefit from healthier grocery shopping and options.
* Jeff says he will join the cause of trying to eat better and exercise but not sure he'll log it.
- I will try to invite family, friends and others to also practice healthier habits
* No progress yet
4. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out, a photo update of my weight loss or anything else I feel like sharing.
*recipe to come (I took some out of women's health magazine)