Thursday, December 5, 2013

Monthly Weigh In - December

Starting BMI:  27.0 (computed here)

Height:  6'1"
Starting weight: 205 lbs
Goal weight:  180 lbs (for now)

Last month's weight: 205
Current weight:  202

Last week's BMI: 27.0
Current BMI:  26.6
Goal BMI:  23.7

Pounds Lost: 3
Total Pounds Lost:  3
Pounds until goal:  23

1.  Reiterate my goal(s) and where I stand in reference to this goal.

- I decided to start updating monthly as weekly and bi-weekly just doesn't happen.  I want to at minimum start hitting below 200 lb mark.
- I want to focus in on this more and find ways to remind myself and build willpower.  I want to be healthy and eat healthy so that I can teach my children good habits as well.

2.  Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.

-  I am on thyroid medication (post treated Grave's Disease).  I will follow up with this once year or if I am feeling off.
-  Start exercising weekly (aiming for every other day).  Alternate between pilates/yoga and Tae Bo DVDs that I currently own.
-  I will only eat one sweet/dessert each week
-  I will do my best to not bring sweets into my home; grocery shop smart
-  I will learn more about portions and portion control
-  Drink more water; drink water when I want to snack
-  Focus on maintaining during the holidays.  Give sweets away if I want to make them.

3.  Try to motivate others to join in on trying to become more healthy.

-  Not sure what I'm doing here.  My friend is doing great with Weight Watchers and exercise so she motivated me.  Maybe team up with her.  I suppose focus on my immediate family (serving good food and being an example/motivator to exercise)

4.  Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out, a photo update of my weight loss or anything else I feel like sharing.

-  I have a delicious soup recipe I just got from my friend so I'll post that.  It is a weight watchers one but you'd never know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment